Friday, July 22, 2011

Toying Around

I started toying around with embedding videos and downloading youtube clips.  I think this will work out really well for my wiki, instead of providing a thousand links, just download the video, or embed the video directly into the wiki.  How many times have you tried to use someone's link for a video or website that was broken or no longer functioning?  If I directly embed the videos I want, or download them, then upload to the wiki, it should save a lot of headache in the long run.  Plus with the educator version of the wiki you get a lot more online storage space.  Looking forward to revising my wiki so it is up and running by the new school year.

3 comments:

  1. So do you download the video from youtube and then you can upload the video to the wiki? That is cool. What wiki are you using and how much space are you given to upload files to?

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that on my wiki with a video from Oregon Field Guide (PBS) and it seemed to work but wasn't there when I went back today. I'm glad it's working with YouTube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been using wikispaces, where you can sign up as an educator to get additional storage space. I currently have 2 GB available.

    ReplyDelete