Thursday, June 16, 2011

Untitled

Alright Technology, here's how it is... I dont like you... and you dont like me.

I have fought the fight against relying on technology, because I have always assumed that at some point, even if only locally or regionally, technology would fail.  I want to remember how to live without technology.  Don't get me wrong, I use it, but have avoided many of the things that I didnt see a purpose for.  I am now willing to give it a chance.  After completing a few readings, I've found that I have been using technology in my classroom in a beneficial way, but not to its full capacity.  Understanding that students already rely on technology and use it almost constantly, to teach without using this technology would be the wrong approach.

Still not so sure about this Twitter thing.  I could see me using more of this if my mobile device was capable, and refuse to upgrade to the newest gadget every three months just because I can.  However, the blogging seems much more practical both in my everyday life and in the classroom.  I would doubt claims that these resources were intended for education, but I would not deny their use if they proved to be worthy.  I suppose this is where the adventure in web 2.0 begins.

3 comments:

  1. I agree about technology and I'm trying to shift my paradigm!! I can't yet get the hang of twitter but I think that a blog would be of great use in my classroom. Let's see if I can put is all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the last part about these tools. Many of them were not "built for educators," but we are a crafty bunch and can appropriate them for the benefit of our students!

    As for Twitter....yeah, I understand. It works for some, not for others. Keep at it for a few weeks. If you see no value, drop it! My goal is for you to explore things, I do not expect you to fall in love with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have agree with much of what you said. I to have fought with my Luddite nature. But the reality is a upon us and we must adapt of die. I don't think this can be avoided.

    ReplyDelete